Color changing light conversion

Machetero

Mar 7, 2022
Florida
Please excuse me if I posted this in the wrong section…I did not see a category for pool lighting.

I have a 10,000 gallon pool with Pentair light fixtures. I wanted to replace the bulbs in the pool and spa with color changing bulbs.

However when I removed the spa light I discovered the housing/bulb was the old MR16 style (2 pronged end instead of the common e26/27 screw down bulb).

And of course the color changing bulbs I would like to buy only come in e26/27 size. I don’t think they make color changing bulbs in mr16 size.

Is there a way to use an e26/27 bulb in an mr16 housing, or is my only option to change out the entire spa light assembly which I believe would cost another $400?

Any ideas, suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to TFP.

You will need to replace the entire spa fixture to make it color changing.

You can see if it fits. I think you will find you don't have enough depth on the fixture with the lense on

Hi I am looking to buy this used Pentair spa light fixture to replace an old Aneribright Pentair spa fixture that has an MR16 fitting (I am looking to upgrade to Color Splash bulbs). Can anyone tell me what model this Pentair fixture is and whether it will accept the screw-in color splash bulbs? Thank you.

Attachments

• EBEFAE38-FFD9-45F9-B4EB-119A9975F272.jpeg
    EBEFAE38-FFD9-45F9-B4EB-119A9975F272.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 13
Flip the fixture over and see what type of bulb base it has.

There are other labels on the side that may tell you what model fixture it is.

It’s a light that is for sale on Facebook Marketplace that I am thinking of buying. I asked seller what type of bulb it has but he said he never opened it and has no idea. I was hoping to be able to identify the exact model from the number in the pic? I need a spa light fixture with a screw down Edison style base so that I can fit the color splash led bulbs…

I could also ask the seller for a pic of the labels on the side of the light if that would help?

I don't understand how the Seller can say he never opened it when he has a picture of the fixture. Where did that picture come from?

If he has an unopened box then what labels are on the box?

Whole deal sounds fishy to me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So what does the other side of the fixture look like?

Let him give you pics of all sides of it and we may be able to figure something out.

It is a 12 volt light that takes an R-20 bulb.

1647194860116.png

R-20 Bulb.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.