Coleman Pool Pump upgrade

ShawnL1992

Apr 22, 2019
Va
We bought a Coleman pool ( 24' x 52") a couple years ago and have constantly fought with the pump that came with the pool. The filter compartment lid constantly leaked. We are looking to upgrade the pump this spring to an Intex 2800 GPH sand filter pump.

Thoughts and suggestions on this idea?

I also know there might be a hose compatibility issue; the original pump used 1 1/4' hoses and I believe the Intex uses 1 1/2" hoses. Does anyone have a quick/easy solution to allow us to use the new pump with the Coleman pool?

The Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pumps are highly reviewed. I bought the 16" 3000 one. I think you should just go ahead and upgrade to that one since it is the largest amongst the Intex Krystal Clear sand filters and only costs a little bit more (check ebay if price went up on Amazon!). Also how many gallons is your pool? The filter I mentioned is for 5500 gallons up to 19,600. Good luck! I am excited about my filter upgrade!

Oh and it is very budget friendly and gets you a lot of bang for your buck! Mine was $180 but I have seen prices fluctuate between $155 and $200. I haven't seen the 16" 3000 GPH one go over $200. The 2800 is usually priced higher or only like $10 less, so I would definitely go with the biggest one especially for that size pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.