Coleman 26' Liner hangers causing skin irritations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranger_ric

LifeTime Supporter
May 29, 2014
Midland TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a 26' Coleman entering it's 3rd season. (probably last). The loops on top that the horizontal pipes go through (dont know what to call them) are now causing everyone skin irritation if you lean against them. It is like fiberglass and gets under your skin and itches for hours even a day or longer. Has anyone else experienced this? We are trying to come up with an idea to cover it, because who doesn't lean on the edge of the pool.

We talked about splitting a pool noodle but because the pipes are oval and not round it would be difficult to get anything to stay...

Any Ideas??

I have not heard of this happening before, but I believe you are getting irritation. You could try spraying a coat of clear finish on the top and see if that helps. You could do pool noodles and try to space them so you can zip tie the ends around the top rail at the end of each pocket.

I have a 26' Coleman entering it's 3rd season. (probably last). The loops on top that the horizontal pipes go through (dont know what to call them) are now causing everyone skin irritation if you lean against them. It is like fiberglass and gets under your skin and itches for hours even a day or longer. Has anyone else experienced this? We are trying to come up with an idea to cover it, because who doesn't lean on the edge of the pool.

We talked about splitting a pool noodle but because the pipes are oval and not round it would be difficult to get anything to stay...

Any Ideas??
We are having the same issue!!! I tried spraying the top of the area with a clear sealer, but it doesn't last very long. I don't know what else to try either. This is only the 2nd season for this pool.

I am having the same problem with 18' Coleman pool.... we bought last year and never had problem. Ive been working on cleaning it now and every time my arms rub across the top of liner I feel like I have fiberglass in them. I just used tape on arms to try and get it out... I may have to try the pool noodles over it but with the heat they will dry rot in now time...

paint with flex seal "as seen on teevee" paint. works good, lasts a long time. tames the hairs and protects the sleeves. also the same stuff's tape works but it is harder to deal with.
I have same issue!! Its terrible! My pool is two years new. Intex. I took a pool scrubby and scrubbed the entire top of liner. It helped alot!! But why and how is this happening what is solution??

the threads in the liner that help reinforce it are probably fiberglass. I wouldn't scrub or try to remove anything, I would cover it with paint or tape to protect it from sun and further wear.

now you might have something on the surface of it that does need scrubbing like old body grooming products or bird poop or yard sprays - that is certainly another possibility for skin irritations.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.