Cold water in spa

Hi again,
I have noticed that after making the changes suggested above the water in the spa lowers to almost the bottom of the waterline tile when in pool mode.
During spillover it gets back up to normal and spills over then it gradually lowers after spillover mode is done.
Is this ok?
Agree with Marty. If the spa is lower than the pool, there has to be continued suction in the spa during pool mode.

We haven’t touched that valve ever so maybe it was never closed all the way since startup, but since the spa fountain line was always open we just never noticed it? I will take a look and see what we find.
Thank you again!
Hi! The valve looks closed. I took this pic this morning when the pool was in pool mode. What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• 3705A175-87A6-4F91-A303-43D29D8BAE95.jpeg
    3705A175-87A6-4F91-A303-43D29D8BAE95.jpeg
    488.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 9531B923-CA33-42F6-80BE-A0AB785E789E.jpeg
    9531B923-CA33-42F6-80BE-A0AB785E789E.jpeg
    612 KB · Views: 3
Take the handle off, then take the actuator off. Replace the handle. Manually adjust it for a couple days and see if you can stop the lowering of the spa level. Only place it can be leaking by is there.

Do not use the screws that hold the actuator on back on the valve lid. They will crack the valve body. Hopefully it does not leak as I doubt the installers left you the screws for the valve lid.

Thank you. The valve looks closed.

A diverter valve uses a flap that moves to block the hole. If the cam that stops the diverter in position is misset by a degree or two it will let water pass by the the diverter.

It takes some trial and error to set the actuator cam so you get a 100% seal with the diverter.

It can also be that the diverter flap is slightly warped or nicked and not making a perfect seal. You may want to remove the actuator and open the diverter valve and examine the flap and the pipe and see everything looks smooth to seal.

Reactions: bradgray
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.