Cold water cutoff

Georgia_Pool

Jun 15, 2019
Georgia
This is the first winter since our pool was installed. Since the water temperature dropped through the 50s, the Pentair SCG has been in cold water cut off mode. Last time I checked it, the water still had an adequate level of chlorine present, but I assume it will get low at some point. Should I manually chlorinate through the winter? Also, just before the SCG went into Coldwater cut off mode, I got a low salt alert. Not sure if I should add salt or not since the SCG isn’t running currently?

Yes, once the cold temps interfere with the SWG, manually add chlorine as needed. It shouldn't take much and will last a good while in the cold water. I would hold-off on the salt as that could also be a result of the cold water. Later you could always use a good salt test kit to verify the salt level as well.

Reactions: Georgia_Pool
During the winter use liquid chlorine to maintain your FC levels.
No need to add salt until water temperature returns to a level that allows the SWCG to operate.

Reactions: Georgia_Pool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.