Cloudy water

RookWDW

May 20, 2021
Ohio
Hey group. We have a Master Spa, Clarity 7 we bought three years ago. We have not had many issues with it, other than forgetting to add chlorine when we don't use it (I need to look into a salt system). I just refilled the spa yesterday, did the normal line flush treatment, vacuumed it out, etc. Filled with new water from those hose, which is well water but we have an iron system to keep iron down. Added a few cap fulls of Metal Magic. Added a bit of acid to get the Alk down around 80. Added a cap full of dichlor, and went to bed. This morning it is milk white. I've read about calcium precipitation issues but I'm not sure what to do here since I didn't add any calcium and since until recently this has not happened (it happened last time too). Any idea what I'm doing wrong what how I get this back? I realize I spiked the FC too much, is it just that and when FC goes down I'll be okay? Or, should I push the TA down to 50? I'm not sure I can do anything about the calcium level.

Here is my current readings using the TFP kit and a pH meter.
Temp 102
FC 7.5
TA 80
pH 7.8
CH 250
CYA didn't test.

until recently this has not happened (it happened last time too).

Did the milky white clear up in a few days the last time it happened?

Try adding 20-30ppm of CYA before you add chlorine when you fill with fresh water. The CYA buffers the chlorine.

Bumping this back up. Just did a clean and refill today. Used Ahhsome to clean, sucked out all the excess water and rinsed a bit. New water from hose that uses a whole home metal filter, but it's before the water softener (we have well water). Worked on getting Alk and pH down, added a touch of Metal Magic, and a bit of chlorine. Turned cloudy instantly when I added the chlorine.

Alk: 50
pH: 7.6
Calc: 250

Seems clear that the calcium being high is precipitating out of solution, either due to pH or chlorine, and making it cloudy. But I'm not sure what to do about it. These numbers don't seem that out of wack. This happens every signal time I refill it and eventually I get it to settle down with messing with the pH. But, I want to understand what is happening and how to prevent it in the first place. There are various products that claim they reduce the calcium level in water, are any of those good to use?