FloridaPoolNewbie

Bronze Supporter
May 5, 2021
Florida
Noticed my water is a little cloudy over the past day. Current readings below. Do you think this is an algae issue that hasn't fully bloomed yet and turned my water green? FWIW, I throughly cleaned out my cartridge yesterday. Is it SLAM time?

PH-7.5
FC-3.5 (currently raising this a bit thru the sanitizer %) No combined chlorine.
TA-70
CH-250
CYA- 50 (a little low, going to increase this soon)
Salt- 3200

Last edited:
Any point in doing the OCLT? Should I just go straight to SLAM? I don't assume it could be anything other than the algae.
Whenever I see something odd in my water, I immediately increase the FC level that day. I may not go all the way to SLAM level, but I give it a good boost just to see if it's an isolated issue. Along with the water clarity, if I suspect excessive FC loss, I'll do an OCLT. But at any point there is nothing wrong with jumping right into a SLAM. You know your water better than anyone. Lower the pH to about 7.2 and SLAM if you wish.

full

Reactions: FloridaPoolNewbie
Whenever I see something odd in my water, I immediately increase the FC level that day. I may not go all the way to SLAM level, but I give it a good boost just to see if it's an isolated issue. Along with the water clarity, if I suspect excessive FC loss, I'll do an OCLT. But at any point there is nothing wrong with jumping right into a SLAM. You know your water better than anyone. Lower the pH to about 7.2 and SLAM if you wish.

full
What's the point of lowering the PH?

Reactions: FloridaPoolNewbie
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.