Cloudy Water

Fishlover

Oct 10, 2020
Port Charlotte, FL
Hello guys, please tell me what I did wrong.
Pool water was clear. Checked every 5-7 days for chlorine/Chloramine and added tablets when were needed. Then I saw, every day more and more a brown precipitate(like dust)appeared at the bottom, bought zodiac G3,
during the cleaner worked the pool water became cloudy.
Added HTH Drop out Flocculan like instruction says. Didn’t help.
Any advice ?
P.S.
I think cloudy water can be from different ways .

Last edited:
Welcome to TFP! :wave: We'll be glad to help. There are a few basic principles we use here at TFP:
- Use rely on accurate test results from either a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C kit. I recommend the TF-100. See Test Kits Compared
- Free Chlorine should be tested everyday and balanced to the current stabilizer (CYA) in your pool as noted on the FC/CYA Levels
- Tabs often drive-up the CYA too high and the FC can't keep up. We don't recommend tabs for long-term use. Best to stick to just liquid chlorine or regular bleach.
- Make sure to read our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry. It's a great place to start.

If you obtain one of those kits and post a full set of results, I have no doubt we can help coach you through your water issues.

Reactions: Fishlover
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.