Cloudy Water

Sep 18, 2017
Sheldon
My water went from Crystal clear to cloudy overnight. We did have a temperature drop and rain but now I cannot get my water to be clear again. It has been cloudy for 3 days. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Here are my numbers:

FC 6.5
pH 7.6
TA 90
CYA 60

Thank you in advance.

An expert will chime in soon. But if it was me, I would perform an overnight test. OCLT. Guessing if you have algae starting, the FC dropped below minimum sometime. My pool has a dead zone where the circulation isn't very good. We now use the robot more often when not swimming. And brush when we do swim. Try checking a couple areas to look for variation in CL level maybe. If you have one that could also be a factor.

An expert will chime in soon. But if it was me, I would perform an overnight test. OCLT. Guessing if you have algae starting, the FC dropped below minimum sometime. My pool has a dead zone where the circulation isn't very good. We now use the robot more often when not swimming. And brush when we do swim. Try checking a couple areas to look for variation in CL level maybe. If you have one that could also be a factor.
Thank you for your response.

My water went from Crystal clear to cloudy overnight. We did have a temperature drop and rain but now I cannot get my water to be clear again. It has been cloudy for 3 days. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Here are my numbers:

FC 6.5
pH 7.6
TA 90
CYA 60

Thank you in advance.
I wouldn't wait for overnite results. I'd start a SLAM. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Did you do a Combined Chlorine test?

Reactions: gretchensimpson
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.