Northlake TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hope its ok to ask a question I feel relates to this post? I also feel my pool is not as crystal clear or sparkling as it was last year. I did an OCLT twice in the last week and all was good. I did just clean the filter (DE) last month...so maybe I short changed the DE powder? Should I try adding one or two more scoops?

Thanks

I'm always reticent to say stop a SLAM Process before all three criteria are met because - well, we find it works.....

If you feel it is totally a filtration issue, then try adding DE to your sand filter. When I have done this I actually used Pro Guard 23793BPG Cellulose Fiber

Pool School - Add DE to a Sand Filter

I find that water clarity rarely involves the filter. I never do anything to my filter to clear up water clarity problems. Actually, I never do anything to my filter at all except clean it when the pressure rises 20ish%.

When my pH gets too high, above 8.0 or 8.2, the water can look dull. But, mostly I find that more chlorine always fixes it. If the water is dull or a tiny bit cloudy more chlorine always clears it up. I tend to run cya at 80+ and FC at 8-9. A jug of bleach adds 4ppm to my pool. So, I'll just add a jug of bleach to punch up the FC and the water always clears right up.

I'm not that familiar with DE filters. But, if you're adding about the same amount as usual then it is fine. Also, if the clean pressure is back to about the same psi as normal that also indicates that it is fine. You haven't cleaned your filter much so you may not have a good baseline established yet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.