Cloudy Water!! Please Help!!

Water finally turned! I'm going to do a OCLT tonight. Strange thing though. The chlorine level went down to 7 today. I had it at shock levels last night after dusk. Granted it was extremely sunny today and the pool got lots of it. Loss from the sun? I also had to fill the pool about an 1.5 inches.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I could read a book. My OCLT came in at 6.5 this morning. But it's raining. Should be good to go after this weekend. I'll post more. It's supposed to rain a lot this weekend. Should I be worried about the big drop in FC yesterday?

What it is telling you is that there is something still hiding. Keep up the SLAM. This last part is where many people mess up. "Oh my pool is clear, I can stop now" then they have to start all over again.

Keep up the SLAM until you pass the overnight test with less than a 1FC loss.

HUGS! You can do it!

Kim

I started last night at 8pm with 7ppm. This morning at 8am I had 6.5. My drop happened during the day. I just want to be clear before I continue. But I was up at shock level yesterday morning. My loss was during the sunny day and I didn't check it all day until night where it was 7ppm.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just got back from a mini vacation and decided it was time to do a full test again. I will complete the OCLT tonight. Water is the clearest I have EVER seen it. Here is the results

FC - 4
CC - 0
TA - 150
pH - 7.8
CYA - <30

I am a little confused on the CYA test. Here is a picture I took of it. I ran out of water testing it. 20150719_132050.jpg Am I supposed to take to to where the dot just disapears? From this test i am taking that my CYA levels are low. I would also like to ask what the opinons are on using dry acid to brig my TA and pH down. I have seen muriatic acid as the preferred method to lower those, but I have read to not use it in a vinyl lined pool.

I assume your CYA view tube is filled almost to the top so, yes, your CYA is low. Use pool math to bring it up. I would assume you have about 15-20 ppm.

Muriatic acid is just fine in a vinyl pool. Where did you read it wasn't?

A week later the water is still sparkling clear! Heres my updated numbers,

FC - 6
CC- 0
pH - 7.6
TA - 120
CYA - 50

Thanks to everyone that helped me through this. No more pool store testing for me. It is sunny and 90 degrees today, guess where I will be?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.