Deb_B

May 21, 2013
Houston, Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I slammed my pool for 2 weeks. I passed the over night test the last 4 of those days. Slam says to keep going until water is clear but we had company coming that weekend and since I passed the over night test so many times I stopped.

Two weeks after slam water is still slightly cloudy, still passing over night test and has lots of powder/dirt on the bottom no matter how many times I brush or vacuum to waste.

Fc 8
PH 7.6
Ta 80
CA 150
Cya 75
Salt 3500

What am I missing?

Thanks for any advice.

Debra

I slammed my pool for 2 weeks. I passed the over night test the last 4 of those days. Slam says to keep going until water is clear but we had company coming that weekend and since I passed the over night test so many times I stopped.

Two weeks after slam water is still slightly cloudy, still passing over night test and has lots of powder/dirt on the bottom no matter how many times I brush or vacuum to waste.

Fc 8
PH 7.6
Ta 80
CA 150
Cya 75
Salt 3500

What am I missing?

Thanks for any advice.

Debra

I assume you're using a sand filter. If so, how old is the sand? Maybe you should add a little DE to catch the really fine particulates. here's a link to the Pool School article: Pool School - Add DE to a Sand Filter

Good luck!

That is definitely a problem those cartridges are junk. Look for the thread that talks about aftermarket ones which will do a little better although an upgrade to a sand filter would be highly recommended

I'm working on the upgrade later thissummer. Not sure what size to get so I am in research mode.

I'll search for that thread. I used to use unicell but noticed I had very little pressure out of the return. Right now I'm using a generic from walmart.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.