Cloudy water, how to fix?

Jun 28, 2014
Kent, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello. fr about 10 days, I've been battling algae. I've been scrubbing and using our robot daily, and have been progressively riaing my CL to about 5 now where I'm keeping it. In the first few days, I was losing and the CL would be at 0 or .5 and I would bring it back.
The CL seems to be stable now at 5, and I'm still scrubbing 2-3 times daily and the pool is still getting plenty of use.
through all of this, the water has been green/grey and murky.
What more should I be doing?
CL 5
PH 7.2
TA 150
CH 300
CYA 50

Thanks

The SLAM process as outlined above. Note that on the FC/CYA chart, your FC of 5 with a CYA of 50 is barely above the minimum chlorine level.

Edit - Yes, you have algae and need to SLAM. Also see the FC/CYA chart in my signature.

Hi guys.
I've been diligently testing, adding chlorine, and scrubbing the pool. The green is mostly gone and now it is pretty clear. Still not sparkling clear. I've spent over $1000 on 10% sodium hypo liquid sanitizer, and used about 2/3 of it.

2 questions-
Would it help if I left the solar cover on the pool?
I'm using the TF 100 test kit. My R-0870 powder is 4-5 years old. I've gotten some reads with it, but most of the time, the solution never turns pink. I've already ordered some more but is there a different way I can test for now, or do you think there is just no chlorine? I did just use my normal chlorine test to see since I had gotten no pink with the R-0870 again, and using the normal test, the solution immediately turned red/orange.

Thanks,
Sam

You need up to date reagents. The cost for reagents is minuscule to what you are spending for chlorine.

I assume the other test that turned red/orange is the OTO. That shows you have chlorine in the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.