cloudy water from jets

:scratch: You're not the only one!

Other than your salt and CH being a little low I don't see anything else wrong.
CH doesn't matter to a vinyl pool but I wonder if it being low has anything to do with it?

I'd suggest doing an OCLT (overnight chlorine lost test) but I'm not sure you can with the kit you have.

Not sure that would work as the SWG pump heater all run 24/7.

We do cover the pool to help reduce the amount we pay for the heater. We have exhaust fans which are turn on automatic and run approximately every 25-30 minutes for approximately 10 minutes.

Can you unplug each of the cells while they are running to see if the bubbles reduce? Try unplugging one at a time up to 3 at a time. Just trying to see if one of the cells is producing a lot of the bubbles for some reason.

irish64 said:
......As far as DE no way. Sorry that was the forst thing I checked. When I turn off the SWG the cloudiness stops completely.....

I'm sorry if I seem to be kicking a dead horse but I looked again at all your pictures and it struck me that none of the pictures clearly showed bubbles breaking the surface. If those are bubbles, they would be rising up and "foaming" or at least disturbing the surface. I just don't see that. I see some floating scum in the fourth photo that looks like what I see when I first feed DE through a sand filter. A little DE sometimes makes it through and the smallest particles will coalesce on the surface as a scum.

You said DE was the first thing you checked. How did you check it? Was your statement that it can't be DE determined by "When I turn off the SWG the cloudiness stops completely."? There are possible scenarios which would explain that, especially with the amount of automation you appear to have.

Ok here is the latest.

gtemkin - I know it is not DE because I have captured several bottles of water directly for the jets when the cloudines happens. After 2 - 3 minutes the water is clear as a bell with the chemical numbers I posted above. it does have billions of tiny air bubbles on the side of the bottle and no particles on the bottom of the bottle.

we had a pool company come out and look at the problem.

I had gone through and run each cell by it self in pairs and in triplets and the problem still happened so ping's idea was a bust as well but at least I tried something. Also I increase the amount of water to the manifold like aquacal the maker of the salt cell and poolsean suggested. again no go.

In the meantime I had followed the entire run of lines on every pipes in our pool room and fixed several tiny air leaks on the return side of the piping. I also fixed a leak on the inlet to the pump.

Now mind you we had a great guy and hard worker but drunk doing our plumbing for the pool. I wasn't in on this on military duty during this time.

As a result he didn't glue several pieces together well. As a result I fixed several but may have caused a bigger on in the meantime. It is on the pipping coming from the skimmers and into the pump. You can see massive amounts of air in the strainer.

The pool guy did check the salt cells and commended me on how clean they looked, no burnt spots or anything. So at this point according to the pool guy we need to "be on the safe side and replumb the entire pool room and make sure there are no leaks.

That should take care of the air into the system.

and then to top it off we have started to get an algae problem. I think it is under control now and that we caught it in time.

I will let every know if the re plumb job fixes our problem and thanks again for everyones help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.