Cloudy water for a week already. Need help

May 18, 2018
Winnipeg, Canada
Hi,

I have already done the SLAM process within this week and my FC was holding fine overnight. Although I am losing FC after a hot day. Not sure if that is because of the heat? Though my water is still cloudy. Is it possible that my sand filter is not working properly?

Can you give some information on your SLAM process? Cloudy water means you did not pass the first criteria for it to be successful.
FC is consumed by the sun and organics and must be replenished daily by adding liquid chlorine.

It's either an issue with everything not being dead from the sanitizer yet or with the filter not removing all of the particulate. Sand filters do take the longest to clear and a couple of weeks isn't unheard of, but a lot of threads lately on cloudy pools not clearing up were due to filters not being connected or cleaning the water properly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.