Cloudy Water...Bummed wife. How to make both happy again

Golfer

Jul 31, 2010
Over here!!! Hi!!!
We have an 18X48 intex pool with a Intex sand filter and Intex Kristal Klear SWG. With tomorrow's temps zooming to 106, I need to clear it up. We have had a ton of rain last week and I did a boost on the SWG and I put in Algaecide this week to kill the algae that was forming in the pool. It did the trick but now I have cloudy water. Im filtering up to 12 hours but it is still murky. As I was vacuuming out the pool, yesterday, I lost prime on the pump. I did a quick backwash to prime and when I turned the pump back to vacuum, I got blowback of something that really murked up the pool.

JD

Hey, JD,
Welcome to the forum. :lol: There's about a 90% chance you still have plenty of algae. You'll have to post some test results for us to figure that out.

The cloudiness is likely caused from algae that's somewhat dead but I doubt you've killed it. YOu will have to run that Intex pump 24/7 and vacuum as much as you can to get the pool clear.....Intex pumps are usually pretty inadequate when it come to cleaning up a cloudy pool....they don't have enough "ooomph!"

That said, it can be done with some patience. Post up test results and we'll help you get it clear.

duraleigh said:
Hey, JD,
Welcome to the forum. :lol: There's about a 90% chance you still have plenty of algae. You'll have to post some test results for us to figure that out.

The cloudiness is likely caused from algae that's somewhat dead but I doubt you've killed it. YOu will have to run that Intex pump 24/7 and vacuum as much as you can to get the pool clear.....Intex pumps are usually pretty inadequate when it come to cleaning up a cloudy pool....they don't have enough "ooomph!"

That said, it can be done with some patience. Post up test results and we'll help you get it clear.
Thanks for your reply. Ill test in a few minutes and post the levels. I prolly need to get better testing supplies than what came from the box the pool came in.
So lets take that for what its worth. This will be the last intex pool I buy. We will be looking for a new house in the next year or so and hopefully will have an IGP.

They probably didn't give you much to test with. If you can find a pool store nearby, they'll normally test for free.

They are not a good resource but likely better than what Intex gave you. Post up what you can and we'll go from there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.