Cloudy water -all levels are good

Let the robot run cycle after cycle as that will get the dust you speak of water bound and into the filter at some point. Not that your OCLT was bad but I base decision on visual too so I'd run the FC on the hot side for the next week together with the pump 24/7. Take advantage of the vsp so it can run even at lower rpm now as long as it's ON and satisfies the SWCG.

Reactions: Alset2
Keep running your pump and keep brushing the yellow stuff up mixing it in the pool water. Your filter will get it out.

Treat yourself to a new pressure gauge. You can tell a lot more about your pool water with a decent gauge. Get 0-30 psi glycerin filled. TFTestkits has a good one Center-mount Pressure Gauge for about $25

Leave your pH alone. Anywhere in the 7's is fine and it will creep up naturally.
Thanks, I just ordered the gauge

A few more questions if you don't mind.

1- Should i bring my TA and CYA up?
I seem to have a hard time getting my CYA to go up when I add the amount listed on the package. And I always worry because the testing method is quite subjective. I have kind of settled on the idea that the exact amount is not very important, but not sure if that is a good way to think of it. Especially when I was thinking I might have to SLAM...then I realized I really need to know an accurate number.

2- Are the aftermarket cartridge filters (mine is from Filters Fast) ok? I don't mind paying extra if I get a better filter.

You are cleaning the filters in the robot after running it right….do you see the yellow dust in there?

Post a picture of the filters before rinsing them off.
Yes I clean the robot and filter every run.

Here is a pic of one I just cleaned next to one I have not cleaned for contrast.

Also these are 4 seasons old, should I replace these filters?
will they filter better?

filters 20220906_171440.jpg

So I am back. I hate to waist everyone's time but I am at a loss.
So, pool cleared up (sorry I thought I had updated this thread) for a couple of weeks but this weekend its cloudy again??
It passed OCLT this morning (.5 loss) but its cloudier than last time.
Since the 1st time I posted, I have changed my pump schedule to run 14hrs a day instead of 9 to get more filter time.

Since I noticed the cloudiness again, I have cranked up the RPMs from 1300 to 2000 to pump more water through the filter.
I cleaned the filter out yesterday and it did have a lot of the yellow dust in it.
I also started running the robot several times a day again as it picks up lots of the yellow color too. I think it also helps to keep it circulating in the water for the pump to pick up.
I guess since Im not using up chlorine its just an ascetics issue, but I am proud of my clear pool (thanks to this forum) and well..its just bugging me terribly as to why after 4 years Im suddenly having this issue.
Also I realize I am focused on this yellow dust and that might not have anything to do with it...but since I have never noticed it before, I suspect its the culprit.
Any insight, advice, counseling, or encouragement is welcome.

Thanks again
Neil

Post the numbers….what % is your SWG set at? Also upload a picture of the pool / surrounding area.
Sorry for the delay, been dealing with a little storm lol

Anyway below are the some pics from today. Not sure if you can see the cloudiness or not.
After the storm (Ian) the pool was clear. It did not cloud up until I ran the robot this morning. And you can see clean tracks amongst the yellow wherever it cleans.

I had to drain about 6" out because of rain. Ian did replace about 4"of them for me.
I have also left the pool running 24hrs a day since Sunday and running the robot at least 2 or 3 times a day except for Wednesday and yesterday.
I typically run the swg at 30% but I cranked to up to 60% and have been leaving it on 24hrs a day since before the storm.
Our neighborhood is older and built out, so no new construction going on. We also back up to a 1000 acre field..so I do not know where this "dust" is coming from...but we have never had it until last month??
Im guessing it must be pretty fine stuff to be able to get past the filter.

20220930_125913.jpg20220930_125921.jpg20220930_135205.jpg

And I just tested the pool and got these numbers:

FC=18
CC=0
PH=7.5 (I have an ExStcik PH meter)
TA=60
CH=325
CYA=60
Salt =3200
water temp =77.4

I Just unhooked the SWG and Ill let the FC come back down the next few days .

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So this morning I decided to clean the filter again even though the pressure was not elevated.
I cleaned it on my normal schedule a few weeks ago but this morning it was full of the " dust".
I snapped a pic of it flowing out the filter as I was cleaning but I'm not sure the pic does it justice.
This is after I had been cleaning a bit. It took me a few minutes to think to grab my camera

20221001_094047.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.