Cloudy water after SLAM

molokoidq

Jun 1, 2019
UK
Hi all, after some recommendations on next steps please...

After a spell of poor UK weather and me working away the pool had gone to low / no chlorine and had some slight green + visible algae on the steps. Started my SLAM and have kept to it for 9 days now. The green on the water cleared after 2-3 days. and i've maintained FC at around 10 (above what my ColorQ will read), with it dropping to 5.09 on occassions. pH has stayed around 7.3. ALY 90-98, CYA 64-80.

Pool has been 'stuck' at this cloudiness for almost a week, filter running 24/7

Any advice on my next steps (as you'll see from the photo i've started draining to waster and filling with fresh in some desperate hope it'll be safe for kids to go in when they arrive for mother in laws birthday in 4 hours time!! Not going to happen, i know)

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_0298.jpeg
    IMG_0298.jpeg
    554.4 KB · Views: 9
I'm afraid you are at a disadvantage without one of the test kits that will test chlorine at a much higher level. An FC of 10 simply isn't high enough to kill all the algae with a CYA as high as yours. In addition, you also need a more accurate CYA test because the required FC SLAM level for a CYA of 60 (FC of 24) is much different than one at a CYA of 80 (FC of 31) per the FC/CYA Levels.

Is there anyway you can get the Taylor K-2006C shipped to you?

Reactions: Mdragger88
Hi - i've spent a good amount of time searching and can't find anyone that ships to the UK. Is there an alternate kit recommendation that can measure FC above 10?

Also, the chart that you link to, should i be observing the Liquid Chlorine chart in maintenance times and the SLAM chart in, er, well, SLAM times? I had been using the PoolMath app and whenever i ticked SLAM it stated the targer FC as 10 which is why i'd always used that. (The app is hard for us Brits / europeans, all the measurements are things like cups, gallon hats, Geoffs, Quarts etc! :D)

Hi - i've spent a good amount of time searching and can't find anyone that ships to the UK. Is there an alternate kit recommendation that can measure FC above 10?

Also, the chart that you link to, should i be observing the Liquid Chlorine chart in maintenance times and the SLAM chart in, er, well, SLAM times? I had been using the PoolMath app and whenever i ticked SLAM it stated the targer FC as 10 which is why i'd always used that. (The app is hard for us Brits / europeans, all the measurements are things like cups, gallon hats, Geoffs, Quarts etc! :D)
If legal and OK I would be happy buy here and send on to you in the UK if that helps

Reactions: DanF
If legal and OK I would be happy buy here and send on to you in the UK if that helps
That's very kind of you. Let me have a check into why there doesn't appear to be any formal channels for them coming into the UK. I do actually use a reshipping service occassionally for importing collectible items, so if it's legal / safe then i can probably just use that as a route in. I may need a US retailer recommendation though!

That's very kind of you. Let me have a check into why there doesn't appear to be any formal channels for them coming into the UK. I do actually use a reshipping service occassionally for importing collectible items, so if it's legal / safe then i can probably just use that as a route in. I may need a US retailer recommendation though!
I use one of the 2 recommended on here

TFTestkits cannot direct ship to UK. I believe some UK and EU members have used MyUS as a reshipper.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.