Cloudy still. Please help anyone.

Jun 13, 2017
Huntington, WV
Here are my levels from yesterday at about 6pm. FC 12.2, CC 0.6, PH 7.2, TA 60, CH 230, CYA about 48. I am new to the site and this is the first year with my own test kit, the Taylor K-2006, and attempting the "BBB" method. More than a week ago I raised the FC to shock level for three days and then let it come down to 3 to 5ppm range and maintained. Even before this I got the pool blue by shocking it with bags and leveling the PH and TA. Bottom line is I have had the pool cloudy blue for over two weeks maybe even three, and I can't get it to clear up. I even resorted to using flocculant a few times and a clarifier with zero results. My filter and sand are new from last year so I find it hard to believe the problem lies in the filtration efficiency. I guess my question is do I keep the FC up to shock level for a few more days until it clears up or should I bring it down and let people swim in my pool and cross my fingers that it eventually clears up. I've been scrubbing and vacuuming almost daily, backwashing when pressure rises about 8psi after clean filter. I don't know what else to do. I will get a signature made soon so members can see my set up and I will post some pictures of the water also. Thanks in advance.

SLAM - Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
Must maintain the SLAM parameters until you pass the three criteria listed in the procedure.

You say you have K2006 test kit but your results look like from a pool store. Use your own results.
Pool School - Extended Test Kit Directions

You need to maintain the SLAM several times a day to be successful.

With a sand filter the process is slower in clearing. This might help Pool School - Add DE to a Sand Filter

You can swim in the pool as long as pH is between 7.2 and 7.8; you can see the bottom of the deep end; and the FC is at or below SLAM.

Take care.

Thanks for the help. I did not read the requirements to stop the SLAM process, sorry. What about my readings makes you think I'm not testing with the Taylor K-2006. I assure you I am using this. I have only had it for about 3 weeks and I've already had to reorder reagents 0013 and 0871 because I've been testing quite a bit. I don't mean to be rude but I stopped going to the pool store.

Thanks for the help. I did not read the requirements to stop the SLAM process, sorry. What about my readings makes you think I'm not testing with the Taylor K-2006. I assure you I am using this. I have only had it for about 3 weeks and I've already had to reorder reagents 0013 and 0871 because I've been testing quite a bit. I don't mean to be rude but I stopped going to the pool store.

I apologize, good job on using your own kit. It is impossible to measure a CYA of 48, it is either 40 or 50. The tube does not measure in increments. Also you show FC of 12.2. You should use 10ml of water and multiply your drops by 0.5. Uses less reagents.
Pool School - Extended Test Kit Directions

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.