Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi all,

Newish salt water pool owner (came with the house we bought last summer). I was able to maintain it quite well through the summer, and continued to do so over the winter. I had a couple of issues over the winter where the chlorine was way too low, but between chlorine tablets and shock was able to get it back into shape.

This week the FC dropped to pretty much zero. Took a sample to a local pool store and it showed I'm low on salt. Put in the recommended 3 bags, super chlorinated for a few hours, and today the FC was back to normal levels (matching the 4.4 color on my test kit).

The only remaining issue is that the water seems to still have debris in it. I cleaned the filter 3-4 weeks ago, and run the pump 8 hours per day. I've been skimming and running my vacuum, and brushing as well. During the day, the water seems clear, but at night when the lights are on, you can see small particles floating, like the water is dusty, if that makes any sense. See attached photo.

It's heavy pollen season here in Georgia, so I'm wondering if that may be the culprit and maybe I need to run the pump for more than 8 hours. But I'm not sure what to do.

Here's the test results from yesterday morning:
FC 0.71
TC 0.71
pH 7.6
TA 93
CH 225
CYA 83
Iron 0
Copper 0.1
Phosphates 748
Salt 2632

As noted above, this evening, the FC was 4.4.

Attachments

• Pool.png
    Pool.png
    467.4 KB · Views: 8
pool store results are worth exactly what you paid for them
the basis of troublefree pools is accurate reliable test results
the main issue i see is your cya level vs your chlorine level
moving forward i recommend an accurate test kit

Reactions: proavia
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.