Cloudy Pool

camikazi

Jun 2, 2019
Naugatuck, CT
Hi there, been lurking this forum for a while, finally registered and have an issue

pool is cloudy. Salt Pool.

Added a lot of salt in beginning so drained a lot of the water and put in again. put some shocks. according to pool store everything is 100% balanced.

Catridge pool 22wide by 40 long.

clean the cartridge daily, pump been on 24/7 for two weeks now. attaching picture of the pool looking down at the stairs.

Pool robot runs and nothing on the bottom, it pretty much cleaned out a lot of leaves.

ok completely lost and pool store just keep selling me stuff. even chlorine was readying right they sold me 6 bottles to shock it thinking it might work.

Attachments

• 20190602_190442.jpg
    20190602_190442.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 20190602_190456.jpg
    20190602_190456.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 52
Welcome to the forum!
Can you post test results from your own test kit? Any sign of algae at opening?
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.
There was algae when opened. Pretty much completely green.
Believe it is been treated.

And there was leaves.

Filter runs 24/7 and pool robot stopped picking anything anymore

Your water still has algae. Those pics confirm it, although we (you) still need one of the recommended test kits to perform a SLAM Process to remove the algae once & for all. You must break the chains from the pool store. Their "free" testing and over-priced items are not helping you at all. At TFP, we encourage proper testing and simple, everyday products that WILL get your water clean

While you wait for your TF-100 (link below in my signature) or Taylor K-2006C test kit to arrive, read the SLAM Process page now. Use ONLY regular bleach to increase your FC level. You should be okay adding about 1/2 gallon per day for now just to keep things from getting any worse. But don't add anything else right now. If you have any chlorine tabs/pucks somewhere, remove them. Also consider removing that ladder since it may have algae in the poles.

Your water still has algae. Those pics confirm it, although we (you) still need one of the recommended test kits to perform a SLAM Process to remove the algae once & for all. You must break the chains from the pool store. Their "free" testing and over-priced items are not helping you at all. At TFP, we encourage proper testing and simple, everyday products that WILL get your water clean

While you wait for your TF-100 (link below in my signature) or Taylor K-2006C test kit to arrive, read the SLAM Process page now. Use ONLY regular bleach to increase your FC level. You should be okay adding about 1/2 gallon per day for now just to keep things from getting any worse. But don't add anything else right now. If you have any chlorine tabs/pucks somewhere, remove them. Also consider removing that ladder since it may have algae in the poles.
thank you ordered the

Roll over image to zoom in

taylor K-2006C
should be here thursday

Reactions: Texas Splash
You are in a perfect position to begin the SLAM Process. Using the FC/CYA Levels, we round up your CYA to 40 and your FC level should be 16. You can turn off the SWG and use regular bleach for the FC increases. Maintain that FC level until you pass the 3 SLAM criteria. Follow that SLAM Process page for best success. Good luck!

You are in a perfect position to begin the SLAM Process. Using the FC/CYA Levels, we round up your CYA to 40 and your FC level should be 16. You can turn off the SWG and use regular bleach for the FC increases. Maintain that FC level until you pass the 3 SLAM criteria. Follow that SLAM Process page for best success. Good luck!
going to purchase some bleach, any recommendations of what kind of bleach? and how many gallons

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool store test doesnt go above 10.
???? But you do have your own K-2006 test kit correct? Stick with that. Stay out of the pool store for testing or advice. Believe me, you can't do both TFP & pool store. Your last CYA was 45 (round-up to 50) which requires a SLAM FC level of 20. Not too high at all. You need to maintain that FC of 20 and follow the SLAM Process page each day for best success.

???? But you do have your own K-2006 test kit correct? Stick with that. Stay out of the pool store for testing or advice. Believe me, you can't do both TFP & pool store. Your last CYA was 45 (round-up to 50) which requires a SLAM FC level of 20. Not too high at all. You need to maintain that FC of 20 and follow the SLAM Process page each day for best success.
Ok appreciate it. Last cya was 35 we rounded to 40. So thought it was suppose to be at fc16

Last cya was 35 we rounded to 40. So thought it was suppose to be at fc16
That's is correct. If your last CYA was rounded to 40, then 16 is the correct FC SLAM level. Going to 21 may have been a small PoolMath dosage error or perhaps the pool volume is slightly smaller than expected. But 16 is the correct target. I must've looked at a different number earlier. :crazy:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.