cloudy pool

Brian, it's also possible that the R-0011 is bad. As noted in previous discussions like this one CH test, it can effect results. So if what I mentioned above doesn't seem to work, I'd give TFTestkits a call tomorrow and explain it to them. Rebecca is very good about helping folks out when there is a concern about a reagent.

Also, have you tried the CH test on some tap water? Your tap water should have some hardness in it. You might try to compare results to see if you can rule-out one thing or another (exceptionally low CH versus bad reagent, etc).

Our Taylor K2006 was just purchased last week. We purchased new bottles of all 3 reagents today because we didn't know which one could be bad if they were. Bought the kit on Amazon, today we purchased new reagents at PAP. Just tested my phone tap water. Turned blue like it should. CH. tap water 100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would look on the R-0011 bottle for a lot number. Record that number and tomorrow call TFTestkit and/or Taylor to see if they have any reported problems with that lot. It's not common, but it has happened before where a lot was defective. It's an easy replacement and they are usually very good about returns.

If you try to test your tap water and get the same odd (clear) results, it will probably confirm the bad lot/reagent.

In that case, it sounds as though the elevated bleach level may be bleaching-out the CH reagent. You cold try adding a couple more drops of R-0011 which may help. Or even better, simply wait until you complete the SLAM and let the FC drop back down under 10 and closer to your normal operating range. Then re-test CH for best results.

Again, I am going to stay out of this thread but I encourage you to stay focused on your SLAM. CH has nothing to do with this process and I am not sure why you are focused on it. That can be solved at a later date.

What is your current FC?

Did you determine an accurate CYA test?

Pics tell us a good story. Seeing the drain is even better. Adjusting your FC to match that elevated CYA may be just what the doctor ordered. Maintain, brush, and be patient. One morning you'll walk out there and see a big transformation. That's very common. Don't let up. Have a nice FL day. Very soggy in South Texas.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So my pool is much clearer than it was. Still slamming. Clear but not TFP clear. Pool still has a light green tint. I scrub every inch of the pool everyday , including the skimmer and behind the pool lights. I brush vacuum skim and clean the filter at least once everyday. I've seen no improvement since Thursday. Pool is still a very light green. FC has been maintained at slam level. No well water. CC. 0.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.