Cloudy pool, first-timer here

In the process of getting the pool all in balance.....will be adding calcium today. Just had heavy heavy rains. Would I automatically do a full re-test after heavy rains?? Also, I read the post about lowering TA if pH need is too great. Is it normal to have to adjust pH often? seems like we are always having to add acid. Does that signify that I might not be adding enough acid each time? If pool is in balance, should pH stay in normal range, or is it normal to have to add acid regularly? Thanks.

I will give you my experience with rising pH. When I took over the pool, my TA was 130 and I was adding acid every other day. 12 to 24 ozs. I thought I was going to need to buy stock in the MA supplier. I started following the advice listed in the previous post to try and lower my TA. Instead of shooting for some arbitrary number, you need to try and find the "sweet spot." This will be different for every pool. For my pool that ended up being a TA of 70. I have used less than 32 oz since Oct 15. Of course no one has been in the pool for and extended time, so I will be interested in how it plays out during the summer.

Give the advice a try, give it some time, and try to keep some records of how much you are adding (and when) so that you can verify an improvement.

Marty

That ^^^^^^^^^ is the way to do it..........ask your pool what it likes and go from there. Keep good logs of everything and you will start see a pattern. Do what is best for YOUR pool. TFP offers guidelines with tweaking to be done as needed for each pool.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.