Cloudy Pool but FC holding

jessica0917

Silver Supporter
Jun 8, 2014
Central Iowa
Never had a problem with cloudy water since I converted from Bacquacil (2017). This past Sunday I noticed, after some rain, the pool bottom was rather dirty. I brushed it and created a cloudy mess. On Monday, after reading multiple TFP posts I bought some DE for my sand filter. I did an OCLT test both on Tuesday morning and again this morning and passed on both days with no drop in FC and CC at zero. During the day I have been adding DE to my filter after I backwash and I backwash when I see a couple of points increase in my psi. The inflow into my pool is as strong as it normally is and I checked my pump basket to make sure it is clean. This morning I had fairly clear water and could see the bottom of my blue pool liner, but once I started sweeping and running my auto vacuum, it became murky again. Pump is running 24/7. I will be starting my close process after Labor Day, but I realize I need to take care of this before I close. The attached picture was taken a few minutes ago and shows the cloudy water when my pool vacuum is running

My info this morning was:
FC = 7 (I normally keep this around 5 but have bumped it up the past couple of days)
CC = 0
CYA = ~ 37
pH = 7.5

Is this something that will take awhile to clear and I just need to continue with what I have been doing?
Is this safe for my grandchildren to swim in? We have been reaching heat index’s of >105 the past several days and they have been enjoying the pool all summer, but I didn’t want to take any chances with them.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20294BB8-9520-4C69-A69A-0FE56E6A1392.jpeg
    20294BB8-9520-4C69-A69A-0FE56E6A1392.jpeg
    192.1 KB · Views: 10
You can see the bottom of the pool and the FC is above minimum, so safe to swim in.

From your testing appears to be just dirt. Your DE regimen should clear it. What is your TA?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.