Cloudy pool, added floc last night

SLAM stops when you meet 3 criteria:

First, water must be crystal clear.
Second, you must test and find combined chlorine at 0.5 or less
Finally, you will check your chlorine level right after dark, record it, and then check it again right before daylight. If it drops by 1ppm or less during the night, then you passed the overnight chlorine loss test and can stop SLAMing.

The reason for the overnight test is to make sure that the only thing causing chlorine loss is UV light (which is eliminated at night) and not anything else in the water that needs to be killed or destroyed.

Make sense?

With all the rain we had, and the fact that my neighbors branches are right above my pool - high up but above it, means I have to vacuum more and therefore lose chemicals faster even with Cya. I guess there is not much I can do about the weather, but next Spring I am going to invest in chopping the branches. What is the cheapest spot to get chemicals? Walmart or online? Also I found liquid Cya - is this just as sufficient as the granules added to a sock in the skimmer?

Thank you! I was brushing my pool and I think I scratched the liner - OYE VAYE!! I need to get in the pool and go under and see what happened but I definitely see a one inch line in length where the side meets the bottom. Is there a decent patch kit for vinyl that can at least get me to the end of summer?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.