Cloudy going on 2 weeks

Jun 5, 2016
Warwick/RI
Opened pool 2 weeks ago, water was clear. Within a couple days it got cloudy. I have been running the filter 24/7 and followed the slam process per the instructions. It cleared up about 20% but is still cloudy. I have never had this issue in the 10 years I have had the pool. Any suggestions?!

24ft, 13,500 gal. Proline 2hp pump (bought new last summer) vinyl liner was also replaced last summer

Tf100 test kit

PH 7.2
TA 90
CH 300
CYA 30

I just ran out of the R0870 powder yesterday so just used the blue box chlorine test today and it was bright yellow. The PH was much higher a couple days ago at about 8.

Hopefully, you have the R-0870 ordered and coming. I don't see mention what type of filter you have. Sand is the slowest to clear. Keep at it. You have to meet all three criteria before the SLAM can be considered completed.

Not sure what filter u have but backwash/ clean it when pressure rises 25% over clean pressure.
Get some dpd powder on order asap so u can truly continue w/ the SLAM Process Replenishing fc to 12 ppm multiple times per day- any less than 3x’s a day can really make it drag on. The more often you test & replenish fc the faster it will go.
For now you are just guessing w/oto as u can kinda tell where you are starting but can’t confirm your actual fc level or where your dose really lands u.
Be sure to check & scrub ALL the nooks & crannies - light niches, skimmer weir doors/foam, ladders etc. Run water features daily.

Reactions: Newdude
Not sure what filter u have but backwash/ clean it when pressure rises 25% over clean pressure.
Get some dpd powder on order asap so u can truly continue w/ the SLAM Process Replenishing fc to 12 ppm multiple times per day- any less than 3x’s a day can really make it drag on. The more often you test & replenish fc the faster it will go.
For now you are just guessing w/oto as u can kinda tell where you are starting but can’t confirm your actual fc level or where your dose really lands u.
Be sure to check & scrub ALL the nooks & crannies - light niches, skimmer weir doors/foam, ladders etc. Run water features daily
Hopefully, you have the R-0870 ordered and coming. I don't see mention what type of filter you have. Sand is the slowest to clear. Keep at it. You have to meet all three criteria before the SLAM can be considered completed.
i do have some on order. Yesterday the FC was at 10. I have a cartridge filter. I take it out at least once a day to clean/replace. I will just keep at it. It has just never taken this long to clear before, especially when it was clear when opening. Thank you!!

Reactions: an1vrsy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.