Cloudy brownish green pool

Ok new house rule of no testing before coffee. Just checked and cc is either 0 or .5 it seemed to slightly turn pink but one drop back to clear. Will be testing oclt again tonight and cleaned the filter so fingers crossed only 1-2 more days of slam.

I have to say this site is amazing I have accomplished more in 5 days than 5 weeks of diy/pool stored. Everyone is great answering questions and not making me feel like an idiot
Today the pool is clear and both oclt/cc are good. Going to continue at slam levels another day or 2 to be safe, but honestly I wasn’t sure this day would ever come

Attachments

• 34B65BA9-6208-45FA-8FD7-3DB532CE9E92.jpeg
    34B65BA9-6208-45FA-8FD7-3DB532CE9E92.jpeg
    433 KB · Views: 15
Make sure it's really clear and not clear in comparison to what you've started with. Have seen many people say it's all clear but when you let the filter keep working all of a sudden what was clear 2 days before is no match.

You're getting close to TFP clear - keep going on that SLAM for another couple of days.

Check out these pics - How Clear is TFP Clear?
My plan is to keep at slam today and tomorrow. I did have a question on Sunday we will be gone for probably 8-10 hours during the day. With my cya of 30 could I pop one or 2 tabs in the chlorintor to help keep some fc going, or just bring up to slam and adjust as needed when I get home?

My plan is to keep at slam today and tomorrow. I did have a question on Sunday we will be gone for probably 8-10 hours during the day. With my cya of 30 could I pop one or 2 tabs in the chlorintor to help keep some fc going, or just bring up to slam and adjust as needed when I get home?
The latter. Don’t add more CYA during a SLAM.

The pool looks more clear but it’s not crystal. If you could tell if a quarter is heads or tails on the bottom, then it is clear.

So it might be pouring down rain and the water is chilly but that’s not stopping finally having pool time

Attachments

• BAD4D0F0-BF45-4134-AAA7-747BF78027D1.jpeg
    BAD4D0F0-BF45-4134-AAA7-747BF78027D1.jpeg
    348.4 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: IceShadow
So it might be pouring down rain and the water is chilly but that’s not stopping finally having pool time
I think other than some leaves floating I am tfp clear finally

Attachments

• C247201F-BCAA-44EB-BA90-2EAA0939D432.jpeg
    C247201F-BCAA-44EB-BA90-2EAA0939D432.jpeg
    398 KB · Views: 18
  • C3C1307F-FA4E-4B58-B91A-F6562C47AAD6.jpeg
    C3C1307F-FA4E-4B58-B91A-F6562C47AAD6.jpeg
    290.9 KB · Views: 18

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can't remember from before in your thread - did you ever pull the stairs out and clean them? Or were they not in the pool when it was a green mess? Stairs are a notorious hiding spot for algae. :sick:

have passed oclt since Friday
Happy Pumped Up GIF by AT&T

Finally got a chance to donate so happy for this site
Happy Pumped Up GIF by AT&T

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.