Cloudy after a heavy rain...

4ever3

Aug 15, 2016
Tulsa OK
Hello all, we’ve had two significant thunderstorms in the last two weeks and each one has left the pool just a touch cloudy.

Case in point, yesterday I said to myself “Gotta top the pool off tomorrow!” Little did I know 5 hours later we would have a rain storm that would put almost 6” of water in the pool!

This morning I go out to look around and there are oak leaves in the pool from 2 houses down! Lots oflittle sticks and other debris as well.

So is the slight cloudiness simply from that much rain water and debris, or is there something a little off?

My Misses says I’m being picky because it always has the TFP sparkle!

thanks in advance!

As long as the FC has not fallen below minimum, it is most likely cloudy from debris and possibly a higher pH.

Check your chemistry, adjust, and run the filter.

Lowered the PH and all is well 24 hrs later.

Agreed, there’s nothing like a TFP sparkle!

TRUE story, when we bought our pool 5 summers ago the LPS where we bought it had to come out and do something to the pump (can’t remember what now) and the two guys that were here were saying they had never seen a pool sparkle like that and that it almost looked photoshopped and a few other comments. Then comes the question “What chemicals are you using? Baquacil?” (which is what they pushed at the store)

“No, basically just bleach and muratic acid!”

“Ooooooh yea, we’ve heard of that but it’ll never work!”

5 yrs later? Still working:laughblue:

Reactions: wilkj1 and mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.