Cloudiness not going away

Last night at 11pm it was at 12FC then at 8:27am it read 11.5FC. Passing the OCLT. My CC has been at .5 or less for couple of days now. I’ve vacuumed what I can today and raised FC to 22 partially out of frustration. Anything else I can do????

im adjusting throughout the day. Today alone I tested 6x. Added bleach and powder shock 2x.

System3 cartridge system. And what I noticed is when I go to clean it, it’s not as dirty as it should be!

- - - Updated - - -

Just measured and FC was at 16.5 so added 2lbs of shock powder and added 3lbs of stabilizer. Will add more stabilizer shortly.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, in the deep end it’s about 10’... should I be able to see the bottom when everything clears up?

All you need to maintain your pool are Chlorine & CYA (stabilizer). Muriatic Acid and Borax to manage PH on a periodic basis as needed. You shouldn't be adding aclarifier or Blue solutions to your pool. At this rate, you just need to keep up with the SLAM if your pool is still not clear. It may take some time, but you have to be a bit patient. It will be rewarding at the end of SLAM.

Could you send a pic of how your pool looks now?

dont use anything with blue in the name they usually contain copper which you dont want in your pool
dont use magic potions
at TFP we only add what the pool needs
please post a full set of test results and where those results came from
all powdered or solid forms of chlorine add something else,
so only use them if you know you need additional calcium or cya, whichever form you are using

All you need to maintain your pool are Chlorine & CYA (stabilizer). Muriatic Acid and Borax to manage PH on a periodic basis as needed. You shouldn't be adding aclarifier or Blue solutions to your pool. At this rate, you just need to keep up with the SLAM if your pool is still not clear. It may take some time, but you have to be a bit patient. It will be rewarding at the end of SLAM.

Could you send a pic of how your pool looks now?

Shallow end
N6fl0jwgSKCKonpKjScm_camera.jpg
Deep end
tsCxCvIWT3qloULBEN78_camera.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here are my reading levels for last 2 days. I haven't really been checking pH during the SLAM process but will start now.
Time FC CC pH
6/29/2018 9:30pm 22.5 0.5
6/30/2018 7:32am 16.5 0.5
6/30/2018 1:06pm 18.0 0.5
6/30/2018 3:49pm 16.0 0.5
7/1/2018 7:13am 18.5 0.5 7.2
7/1/2018 12:03pm 15.0 0.5 7.2

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
At very low CYA the FC in your water has a half life of minutes. So you must get your CYA to 30 or 40 ASAP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.