Cloudiness and particles won’t go away

Jun 14, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
So I was very proud of myself this year, as I fixed (or at least thought I fixed) a few big filter problems (rusted bump shaft that wouldn’t move and the little back flow preventative flap between the pump and filter). I had to disassemble the filter to accomplish this, so I’m wondering if I caused more problems possibly somehow putting it back together incorrectly? I really hope not, because that C clamp was the biggest pain to get back in there!

Anyways, the pool is just not getting all the gunk out yet. Lots of small particles and cloudiness. It’s already passed a SLAM but is still very cloudy and seems to have a lot more small particles than past years. Pump has been running continuously for like a week and not much progress.

I was looking in to maybe trying a flocculent? And/or a clarifier? Anyone have any experience with either of these items helping with this issue? Or any other suggestions?

So I was very proud of myself this year, as I fixed (or at least thought I fixed) a few big filter problems (rusted bump shaft that wouldn’t move and the little back flow preventative flap between the pump and filter). I had to disassemble the filter to accomplish this, so I’m wondering if I caused more problems possibly somehow putting it back together incorrectly? I really hope not, because that C clamp was the biggest pain to get back in there!

Anyways, the pool is just not getting all the gunk out yet. Lots of small particles and cloudiness. It’s already passed a SLAM but is still very cloudy and seems to have a lot more small particles than past years. Pump has been running continuously for like a week and not much progress.

I was looking in to maybe trying a flocculent? And/or a clarifier? Anyone have any experience with either of these items helping with this issue? Or any other suggestions?

Btw, it’s a DE filter. 24” round above ground. I thought I had this in my signature line, but it’s been forever since I posted on here and didn’t see my sig in original post

Reactions: Mdragger88

You have not passed the SLAM.

Your DE filter will have no issue clearing the pool of any kind of particles.
Yes, I guess I mis-typed. It passed an OCLT. I’ve just never passed an OCLT in the past with the pool still looking as particle filled as it does throughout the water. Just wondering if there could be another issue.

Passing the OCLT is ONE factor. You still have cloudiness, so you should still be following the SLAM Process

If your DE filter cannot filter out the particles, there is an issue with the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.