Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital Nano+ PPC2
Hi Everyone,

I am closing my pool right now and have a question. My skimmer has 2 holes. One skimmer hole is a regular skimmer line to the pump. I use a blowout gizzmo in this hole. The other hole is capped from underneath and is not used. I do not have a main drain or equalizer. The hole is maybe 1" deep max. Last year when I closed, I put a little antifreeze in the hole and threw a rubber threaded plug in there, but I am thinking that is not necessary. I just went to a local pool store that is unfamiliar with my setup, and she said to just leave it open. I'm thinking that throwing a rubber plug in there could potentially make it worse since the space is so small that if water got in there it could expand and make matters worse. Planning on leaving it alone, but wanted to see if anyone had any input. Thanks!

1666454781068.png

Let it be. If any water gets in there and freezes it will muffin top because ice mostly expands up and not out. (y)

Reactions: kman2727
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.