Ashburn, VA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Hello everyone I hope this is posted to the correct forum, but I need help balancing my levels before I close my pool in a few days...

I am somewhat color blind so it's a little difficult and I could use some help.. using the Taylor K-2006C here are my results and pictures in case my colorblindness messed up the readings but here's what I got..

PH- 7.1
TA- 80ppm
CH- 150?
CYA- less than 30ppm (I assume I need to raise this with the powder and get it to 30?)

Pictures of the tests attached . Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• PH test.jpg
    PH test.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 10
  • PH using meter.jpg
    PH using meter.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Total Alkalinity Test.jpg
    Total Alkalinity Test.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Calcium Hardness Test.jpg
    Calcium Hardness Test.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 10
Chi-Chi, even though the digital says about 7.9, your color drop test pH looks to be about 7.3 - 7.4, so I'd just leave that alone. The digital meters can be finicky if not perfectly calibrated. For the TA, that's a good Barbie Red/Pink, so a TA of 80 is fine. CH is a baby blue which is good, but for your vinyl pool CH doesn't matter (unless it's really high), so you can just ignore that one. I would ensure you have at least a CYA of 30. Even if you go slightly higher than 30 it's fine. The stabilizer helps not only from the sun's UV, but also to protect the liner from the chlorine.

Good job!

Reactions: chi-chi
Chi-Chi, even though the digital says about 7.9, your color drop test pH looks to be about 7.3 - 7.4, so I'd just leave that alone. The digital meters can be finicky if not perfectly calibrated. For the TA, that's a good Barbie Red/Pink, so a TA of 80 is fine. CH is a baby blue which is good, but for your vinyl pool CH doesn't matter (unless it's really high), so you can just ignore that one. I would ensure you have at least a CYA of 30. Even if you go slightly higher than 30 it's fine. The stabilizer helps not only from the sun's UV, but also to protect the liner from the chlorine.

Good job!
Wow thanks so much because I've been so afraid to close and winterize my pool! Being colorblind makes some of the color matching difficult for me but I try my best. I will definitely be adding chlorine stabilizer to bring up the CYA and then comes the next challenge of plugging and blowing out lines! Thanks @Texas Splash

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.