Closing off corners of intex ultra rectangular pool to make it deeper

sandiego22

Jul 11, 2022
San Diego, CA
Hi! We just set up an Intex Ultra rectangular pool - 18 x 9 x 52 but the openings at the corners of the pool means we can't fill it up as much as I'd like. ( I'd like the pool to be as deep as possible.) Does anyone have a hack to seal off the corners? Below is a picture of the corner openings and the second you can see how low you have to fill the pool because of them. :(
Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 1.22.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 1.22.37 PM.png
    508.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 1.22.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 1.22.52 PM.png
    148.6 KB · Views: 22
you can try flex seal tape. I think it even comes in 12 inch widths. be aware it will be adding some stress that pool is technically not designed to take (water is heavy, another inch or two could be well over 1000 lbs)

I used the Gorilla waterproof patch tape for the water fountain clamps to protect the liner itself. I would see no reason why placing a piece inside and outside with a good overlap, so it has a larger adhesion area to support the weight of the water. I am not sure what the physical aspects to the actual pool structure might be. However, I have over filled more than once to the very brim with no issues. I have had 4 kids specifically making waves with inner tubes and things were really moving with water splashing out all over the place (probably lost 4-5 inches of water before they stopped), but the pool held steady to see another day. If you do go for it, would like to see how you did it as well as a follow up in a week or so and your feelings on it.

Edit: Found this on a search:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.