Closing in North Texas ?

nebtex

Aug 4, 2016
Midlothian TX
1st Winter managing pool just south of DFW, had it put in last fall and company managed it until March.

Questions:
I now have a solar cover do I keep it on or take it off? Right now it's on and every 2 weeks I pick off the leaves and open pool to brush and get any leaves that made it in and robot doesn't get.
Also do you keep your robot cleaner in pool year round?

I like the idea of changing pump to late night / early morning since that's when it would likely run with temps if needed. Going to do that today.

I don't use a solar cover, so will leave that question to others. Just be sure that your freeze guard on your pump timer is set and working correctly. You'll need that in our roller coaster winter temps when they plummet! I don't
leave my robot in the pool anytime. Hoping to extend it's life and prefer the look of the pool without "Kevin" in it.
YMMV.

Ditto to what Lilypad said.

Most people around here do not close and just run the pump when it is going to freeze. Do you have any sort of automation that will kick on the pool automatically? If not, I like the idea of changing your schedule to overnight.

I dont know much about solar covers, but arent they for keeping the pool warmer and not really to keep debris out? If so, I would be inclined to store it for the spring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.