CLosing 1st time

bhubb

Jan 4, 2016
KS
I am closing my pool myself for the first time and pretty familiar with the plumbing but it is a cluster back there.

I watched the last company close everything so familiar with all the equipment and drain plugs but I did not see them blow out the lines.

I purchased a cyclone to do this but I wonder how to blow out the lines.

Plan on connecting the cyclone to the inlet (suction) side of the pump and blowing the skimmers/main drain from there (after draining pool). Then my SWG is right before the return so when I remove the well I thought I could blow the returns from there?

I assume this is the easiest way or am I misunderstanding/missing something?

I have a sand filter and heater and this way I won't be blowing anything into that area and assume gravity will drain these enough?

I am sure I will run into issues so wanted to start a thread with the questions I have so far.

Also does the cell come out of the housing on a Circupool RJ60?

Thanks!

bhubb:

You have the right idea. But maybe there is an easier way. You must have a 1.5" black or white flexible hose. You can place the hose in the pump basket because of its flexibility. This should work as I have seen this in the past. Look at my pictures in this post. By placing the hose in the pump basket, you are pushing air down to the suction side and then up towards the filter side. You may get some air coming back, but the Cyclone is powerful enough to move water with a lot of volume.

The concept of closing an in ground swimming pool

Don't forget to winterize your filter and remove drain plug, sight glass and pressure gauge.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.