Close to Start up, Intellicenter wiring.

theewings5

Gold Supporter
Feb 14, 2021
Westerville, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Today I should start the pool! I’m 99% sure wiring is right, but with the last couple being posted and wrong thought I would ask the forum to take a look.
Filter pump relay
Double pole 20 GFCI
pig tail neutral to neutral bar
red leg to screw 3
black leg to screw 1
SWCG white to screw 2, yellow to screw 4
From pump
pump red leg to screw 3, black leg to screw 1
Control Panel Power
15 amp single pole GFCI
Black to breaker, purple to neutral, pigtail white to neut bar
Pool Lights
15 amp single pole GFCI
From transformer
Black to relay screw 4, white to neutral breaker, white pigtail to neutral bar and black breaker to relay screw 3.
I do have 1 question on the double 20 SWCG/Pump break it has a white pigtail it goes to neutral bar does the line neutral out of breaker also go to neutral bar.
Thanks for looking
Bo

Attachments

• AC4961C2-3063-4E21-961B-1E7FE8ED904E.jpeg
    AC4961C2-3063-4E21-961B-1E7FE8ED904E.jpeg
    514.8 KB · Views: 37
You do not have it wired correctly.

Terminal screws on the relays are numbered:

2=black from breaker
4=black to pump-white to SWG trans
6=red from breaker
8=red to pump-yellow to SWG trans
(Violet/Blue and black should be wire nutted together from SWG trans)

Control power trans: (Does not have to be GFCI)
Black to breaker
Purple to neutral bar (Or breaker if its a GFCI)
Cap off yellow with wire nut

I disagree slightly with impalaSS on a couple of things..

The relay pins are number left to right as 1, 2, 3, 4.. I and 3 are line in and 2 and 4 are load out.

Your SWCG transformer is wired for 240 volts, so the yellow and white wires are connected to the load side of the pump/filter relay correctly.

I agree that not every breaker needs to be a GFCI, but if you use one, you need the neutral to be wired back to the breaker and not the neutral bus bar.

It looks to me like your system transformer is wired for 120 and wired correctly.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I disagree slightly with impalaSS on a couple of things..

The relay pins are number left to right as 1, 2, 3, 4.. I and 3 are line in and 2 and 4 are load out.
Jim, you know more than I will ever know but they are labeled 2,4,6,8. 2 and 6 are line 4 and 8 are load.

Bo, the way you have the pump and SWG wired, the pump will had power 24-7 and the SWG will go on and off with the relay.

@ImpalaSS

Well, I looked and you are correct.!!! That increases my incorrect answers to 101.. just for today alone... :mrgreen:

The problem is that most people can't see the actual factory pins numbers when the relay is installed..

I've been calling them 1, 2, 3, and 4 in error for a long time. But, point taken... I should be calling them Line 1 and Load 1, and Line 2 and Load 2 to match the diagram on the door.

Thanks for the heads up.

Jim R.

@ImpalaSS

Well, I looked and you are correct.!!! That increases my incorrect answers to 101.. just for today alone... :mrgreen:

The problem is that most people can't see the actual factory pins numbers when the relay is installed..

I've been calling them 1, 2, 3, and 4 in error for a long time. But, point taken... I should be calling them Line 1 and Load 1, and Line 2 and Load 2 to match the diagram on the door.

Thanks for the heads up.

Jim R.

You probably answered 10,100 today so your 1% is acceptable. ;-)

Reactions: Jimrahbe
You guys are doing great, thanks for all your help. The panel has come alive and is working. Today I am going to try and program it.

“Bo, the way you have the pump and SWG wired, the pump will had power 24-7 and the SWG will go on and off with the relay.”

If I understand it correctly I can set schedules for the pump and turn on the circuit (SWG) during the day or when ever.
Again thanks for all the help.
Bo

There is no "SWCG" circuit... the Cell should come on any time you are in the Pool or Spa mode

It does not make any sense to me to run the pump if you are not making chlorine.. If you run the pump 24/7, you just adjust the SWCG's output lower to just make the amount of chlorine your pool needs.. If you run the pump 12 hours a day, you just adjust the SWCG's output higher to just make the amount of chlorine your pool needs.. The amount of chlorine your SWCG makes is based upon pump run time and the SWCG's percent of output settings.. One hour at 100% is the same as 10 hours at 10%.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.