clorox cloromax?

Jan 4, 2017
matawan NJ
I hope this is the right place to ask. I found 2 other threads about it, but they were from 2017 and 2018. My Costco (and all local stores for that matter) only carry the clorox with cloromax now. What is everyone using now as chlorine since clorox 8.25 is not around anymore? I'm assuming we still shouldn't use the cloromax stuff. I was able to pick up 4 gallons of liquid shock for $19, so I opened just fine, but I'm trying to think ahead when I need to add chlorine. Thank you everyone!!!

Last edited:
Hopefully fellow NJ's will chime in as each location has various chlorine sources. Common places could be Walmart, HD, or Lowes, but I know chlorine has been in short supply. Maybe Allen can give you some local tips - @ajw22 .

Reactions: vig1116
Hopefully fellow NJ's will chime in as each location has various chlorine sources. Common places could be Walmart, HD, or Lowes, but I know chlorine has been in short supply. Maybe Allen can give you some local tips - @ajw22 .
thanks. I've tried all local, but only for clorox. They're all selling the max stuff. I'm not sure what other brands are good, so I don't want to screw up. Hopefully someone will chime in like you said. Love this site!!!!

Costco in my area was selling some generic bleach brands (true 128oz gallon containers) that were NOT CloroMax contaminated (also goes under “fabric protection technology”). I’m guessing it was in response to people wanting additive-free bleach (important in food processing businesses). If you can find that, it would be an acceptable alternative.

I buy HDX Chlorinating Liquid at Home Depot or Pool Essentials chlorinating Liquid at Walmart. I shop their websites to see which stores have it in stock. The locations who have it in stock change day to day.

I buy HDX Chlorinating Liquid at Home Depot or Pool Essentials chlorinating Liquid at Walmart. I shop their websites to see which stores have it in stock. The locations who have it in stock change day to day.

thank you!! I'll keep a lookout!!

you guys are great! I went to home depot looking for HDX, and, there was none. I looked around at the top shelves to see if maybe there was a pallet they didn't unload yet. Nothing. As I was about to leave, I saw a pallet of plain cardboard boxes in the m middle of the aisle. It was the pool essentials!!. 4 bottles to a box for $15.88. I scooped up 4 boxes. Should last me a loooooong time.

Attachments

• IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    592.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0026.JPG
    IMG_0026.JPG
    383.6 KB · Views: 11

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I went to home depot looking for HDX, and, there was none. I looked around at the top shelves to see if maybe there was a pallet they didn't unload yet.

FYI, the HD website and app will tell you if there is stock in the store. If the app says there is stock in the store then show it to a manager in the store and they will find it. That is what I needed to do at the HD I went to and the manager found it, got a fork lift, and put it on the floor.

FYI, the HD website and app will tell you if there is stock in the store. If the app says there is stock in the store then show it to a manager in the store and they will find it. That is what I needed to do at the HD I went to and the manager found it, got a fork lift, and put it on the floor.
usually I do that, but with the chlorine, I guess its in such high demand, it wasnt saying. It said "check inventory with store".

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.