Clogged spa by pool cleaner.

Robord

Mar 13, 2017
El Paso texas
Two years ago I had a guy come and blast some heavy buildup on my tile. Did a good job and half the price of another guy who was gonna use glass beads. The guy that cleaned the pool said his material was safe and water soluble. Don't remember the name he gave.

Anywho when I tried to drain the spa it wouldn't drain. Come to find out the drain is clogged with the sediment from the material he used. I called him and he called the provider and they suggested using hot water to soften it. It was hard as a rock. I then used steam and it helped a little but near as I could tell it was a long clog down the drain pipe. I had visions of having to break something to get it fixed. The cleaner kept in contact with me while i tried to clear it.

I finally rigged a steel pipe with teeth like a boring matching and cut through. The sediment had built up just up from the 90 degree bend in the drain. Once I broke through it worked fine.

So now I tell the cleaner that I hold him responsible and he owes me some consideration, partial refund or free pool maintenance. It did take a lot of effort on my part. All I heard was crickets! I figure as a pool cleaning professional he should have been aware this could happen or had no idea what he was doing or dealing with. In any event this guy gets no recommendation from me and I'll tell people to use someone else. Anyway lesson learned and not gonna let my pool get that way again and carefully screen who works on my stuff.

Reactions: splashpad
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.