Clearing flood - need help with chemistry - CYA VERY low

Wow... that was a bad storm! Hope no one was injured!

Well, we are all safe. There were people killed. My daughter got trapped and had to stay at work overnight (she's just a kid, I was really worried, and just got her license a month ago - she thought she might try to drive home if they lifted the flash flood warning - it took her almost 24 hours before she could get home) - and while at work, a truck got washed off the road, and they ran out to help the guy, who had to swim out - his truck was completely underwater except for part of the very top of the roof.

We are all safe, and even my chickens and geese lived through it, though the flood went directly through the chicken coop.

Just a mess to clean up, and it's going to take a long time for the city to recover. Makes me feel bad almost for worrying about cleaning out my pool - pretty trivial - but it's my little corner of the world and something I have to do.

Which by the way it's looking great this morning. Almost perfectly blue. I don't think it's "sparkling" yet, but from 10 feet away it looks perfect. We swam last night and none of us have ill effects (just bits of pollen on us that I couldn't get cleaned out). Kept the chlorine at "high normal" while we swam, then put it back up to shock level overnight. I still need a better brush to get the crevices really clean (I think), and when I got in I could see some dried stuff needing cleaning from under the edge of the upper lip from the flood - apparently I forgot that would collect dirt too. I don't want to wash it into the pool though, so it will take some time on my knees. I may go buy a kneeling pad. Been wanting one for pool care anyway.

But yeah, it's the worst storm I think we've ever had here. Some of the roads that washed out have been there for many years.

Glad to see its still coming along nicely. It's looking good!

And yeah, those leaves tick me off too! I dont want to see leaves when I'm chillin by the pool! I have several oak and elm trees in my backyard and I am constantly getting leaves out of my pool with my net. Its a several time a day ordeal for me. Only takes a few minutes as long as I keep on top of it, but it would be easy to get out of hand if I slack off.

You mean it's not going to be a seasonal thing? Sigh ...

Well, hopefully at least the POLLEN will stop. That's bothering me more. Leaves I can scoop out. Pollen breaks into itty pieces that I could scoop a million times and not get it all.

And probably eats my chlorine just as bad.

But, it's looking even more blue today. Color is perfect, water is clear. Not "sparkling" yet but almost there. I think I should do another CYA to see where I am, and maybe do the full set in another day or so + overnight and see if we're "clean" to stop SLAMing again - at least if it continues to improve visually.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.