Clarksville TN
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
We’re getting a fiberglass pool installed this November so I’ve been trying to stock up on summer clearance deals. Just got 4 lounge chairs at Academy for $29 each, down from regular price of $79. They had 10 at my store. I also found 40 lb bags of Morton’s and Clorox pool salt at Walmart for $1 each.5815F888-3959-405D-B9A0-58E8B128A056.jpeg
4E249639-F2C4-4F45-840F-A1A1DAC8BA61.jpeg

don't use the clorox and morton pool salt in your pool, most have metals in them for some reason and that is the last thing you want in your pool...

Reactions: Arizonarob
Also, unless the lounge chairs are aluminum, they are not a deal - even if free. Any type of steel (and these look like steel) will eventually leave rust stains on your pavers or concrete patio. The rust stains are virtually impossible to remove from a concrete surface. I did this once, and the cost to fix the stain was far more than the few $$ I saved on cheap lounge chairs.

Just an FYI.

I’m on a budget so these chairs will have to do for now. I haven’t been able to find lounge chairs anywhere this summer. They can get expensive too! I bought 13 of the Morton’s for my pool and my neighbor and brother in law wanted the Clorox for their pool. I told them to predissolve it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

no way?? I have always bought the clorox salt from lowes. I wonder if that's why I had a weird yellow/orange discoloration on my steps
I avoid anything clorox related for my pool. Their calcium caused iron staining on the bottom of my pool, similar to what you would get from fertilizer pellets.

I used both of the ‘good’ kinds this spring, Morton’s and Diamond Brite. Both we’re pure and both WAY dirtier than I would have liked. They were yellowish brown, but at least it was just dirt/dust and not metals.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have tried Bar Keepers Friend - it removes most of the surface part, but can't get the rust that is in the porous surface. This is especially an issue on normal pavers, as they are more porous than concrete. Even after using it, there is still a light stain that doesn't go away.

If you have a sealed concrete surface, it works better.

Reactions: JayRi
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.