Clear water with fine white particles - Please help.

Apr 17, 2013
I have a SWG pool with a PebbleTec surface. The water appears clear, but in certain angles of the sun and definitely at night with the lights on, you can see plenty of fine particles suspended in the water. The chlorine levels have never been an issue; currently they're at 2.7. I have had the PH levels get out of wack in the past. Currently it's back at 7.4. But I've definitely had some calcium scaling on and a whitish film on the pool tiles.

Could these fine particles be from scaling? Could they be plaster dust? They don't seem to ever be filtering out. I've also checked my DE Filter grids and don't see any signs of damage for leaking DE.

Here's a video of what you can see in the water at night.

During the day you can't really see the particles at all unless you're underwater with goggles.

Attachments

• IMG_6180.jpeg
    IMG_6180.jpeg
    739.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6179.jpeg
    IMG_6179.jpeg
    826.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6178.jpg
    IMG_6178.jpg
    856 KB · Views: 35
During the day you can't really see the particles at all unless you're underwater with goggles.

Mr. Engineer, you have an outdoor swimming pool and not a water purification system. I think your pool looks great! Go swim and enjoy it!!

Mr. Engineer, you have an outdoor swimming pool and not a water purification system. I think your pool looks great! Go swim and enjoy it!!

Haha, thank you, and I hear you. That's actually the reason why I've never asked about it in the past. I figured it was normal until recently when I started comparing with the water of friends' pools in our same neighborhood.

Every pool lives in its own unique ecosystem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.