Clear Blue Water but still new algae everyday

Well after adding Yellow Treat the pool is finally looking good, however, can keep the FC up. I have unplugged the SWG. This morning the FC has dropped to 15, so I added a jug of 10% bleach to try to get it back to 20. Brushed the entire pool twice today. Well, I just tested the chemicals in this blistering 90+ degree weather, and FC dropped like a rocket.

FC = 7
PH = 7.6
TA = 110
CYA = 45
CH = 260
Salt = 34,000

Pool Math is saying to add another 2 jugs of 10% bleach. With FC dropping like that, I am afraid not to keep adding bleach.

Yellow out/yellow treat turns your pool into a bromine pool. And if my memory is correct, bromine is not protected against UV. There is no way to stabilize it like chlorine/cya. Every time you add chlorine it reactivates the bromine. The sun will continue to eat it like there’s no tomorrow.

Lemonred34 is correct, the Yellow Treat uses bromine and you now have a bromine pool. At this point you have 2 choices. You can stop slamming and continue to add chlorine every day to stay at the top of your FC target level. The presence of bromine will use up chlorine more rapidly, but the pool will be sanitized. Eventually the bromine will be used up as long as you do not use any other bromine products in the pool. You will know the bromine is depleted when the FC consumption returns to normal. That probably will not happen this summer.

Choice 2 is to drain and refill the pool with fresh water, and balance the chemicals. This will be the quicker and probably cheaper option.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.