cleaning the pool

Giri

Silver Supporter
Oct 21, 2021
tampa,fl
Yesterday, I got service to clean up pavers and perform sealing. I see a lot of bleach and a lot of debris going into the pool while cleaning. I have variable-speed pump and running at 2130 rpm.

To make it clean better for few days, is it better to run at high rpm or run longer time? I also got robo 614iq(Aqualink) and plan to use from tomorrow as I don't know if it is good idea to get sarted right away.

Appreciate input.

run it wide open until it is clear. Vac will be help. It is the fastest way to trap/collect the debris in your filter that entered the pool.

G,

Extra bleach will not be an issue..

Debris that float should get caught in the skimmer... Since you have a VS pump, I'd run it 24/7 for a couple of days..

Debris that sink do not care how you run your pump.. The only way to clean them is with a pool cleaner of some type.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Giri and proavia
I tried to change schedule on phone using edit. It said to save but can't find save button. I closed it and opend website on desktop. Now it pops up the following and when I press 'ok', it shows for ever 'waiting for connection'. I guess now I need recycle the device. It is hard to work with the app.

1701967140236.png

I
G,

Extra bleach will not be an issue..

Debris that float should get caught in the skimmer... Since you have a VS pump, I'd run it 24/7 for a couple of days..

Debris that sink do not care how you run your pump.. The only way to clean them is with a pool cleaner of some type.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim. I updated schedule . I will also run robo.

I put Robo in the water a few hours back and I am really enjoying how it is cleaning. If I leave it, does it run forever? Also, how often typically one have to empty debris? Appreciate it.

I think the default is around 2 hours 20 minutes. I see the app showing 17 more minutes. I will empty after that. Since pool is inside cage, we don't have lot of debris. May be running twice a week each time for 2 hours may be good enough and empty it after the run .

Reactions: Mdragger88
G,

If your pool is inside a screen room, you won't get much in the basket.. You could probably run it 10 times in a row if you wanted, but.. If you only plan to run it twice a week, it only makes sense to clean the basket after it is done cleaning for the day.

When you select the floor and walls/tile line mode, it should run about 2 hours and 30 minutes.

The app will ping your phone when it is done.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Giri
I run two times and each time I got so much dirt. It is not just saving $20 from pinch a Penny, but I am happy that it does better job. I run tomorrow also as there is still so much dirt. I find it is running around 2 hour 20 minutes and keeps repeating forever. Not sure what setting need to be changed.

I also just took it off from water and left in covered patio. Is it ok to leave it outside? May be I can keep in garage during freeze times which is very rare.

1702000702330.jpeg

G,

It should run for one 2.5 hour cycle and then it should just stop.. It should not run again, unless you push the start button or use the app to start it again.

If it keep repeating, how do you know it stops every 2.5 hours??? Something is not right..

That is quite a bit of dirt for a pool inside a screen room.. You can see how there is no way to get that dirt out of your pool except with some kind of cleaner.

Don't even open the app up, and then just push the start button one time and see of it shuts off after about 2.5 hours.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
G,

It should run for one 2.5 hour cycle and then it should just stop.. It should not run again, unless you push the start button or use the app to start it again.

If it keep repeating, how do you know it stops every 2.5 hours??? Something is not right..

That is quite a bit of dirt for a pool inside a screen room.. You can see how there is no way to get that dirt out of your pool except with some kind of cleaner.

Don't even open the app up, and then just push the start button one time and see of it shuts off after about 2.5 hours.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim. I will try without opening the app. When I opened the app after 2 hours, it showed 0:16 or something. After a few minutes when I opened the app, it showed 2:19 or something. I will not touch the app next time.

Since for pavers they put sand and seal two days back, it could be that sand. Still, pool guys use a vacuum pool for 5 minutes twice a month from Pinch a Penny. I can't understand how it can be cleaned. Gald with the the purchase and all the help from the forum. I tried calling iaqualink support and after pressing 1's so many times and 2, I have to wait forever. Some support like vitamix is so good, but not everyone.

The app shows the wall/floor and start button and just press start on the app. But first will try without the app. Not sure how to change the option to choose only floor etc. But I see all the time it is walking on the wall. It is interesting to see it and it is nice to see in pool lights.

I am not sure this device has a lift system. I am pulling it cable and then with the handle when it is close to the surface of the water. It seems all pictures show submerging in a vertical position and following it though not sure of the reason.

I will also try to run when the temperature is from 60's. I read it's performance to climb walls is better at little higher temperatures. I am learning so much and did not think about all the tips.

Last edited:
It run and stopped after around 2.5 hours. I found clean mode in the app allows only floor or floor/wall. Now I left it in Spa. I am assuming it can map pool and spa and improve over time. Hope it does not confuse Pool vs spa.

I used the lift system to bring it up. Unfortunately while pulling up, the filter door got opened and some of the dirt went back to the pool. I will try to hold the filter door while pulling. I did not expect this.

G,

No matter what they say, it does not 'map' anything.

It just starts over each time.

Jim R.
Thanks for clearing and will keep in mind.

Somehow, when I start with button on the device, it stops after the cycle. if I start from app, it is repeating for ever. I see in the notifications it completed at 2:52 and now it is running and app shows '1:54'. If I leave it , it will start again. I never started after 2:52pm

1702066884635.png

G,

I suggest that you delete the app and then reload a new one from the Play Store..

Once the app comes up I get a line that Says Robot-493 and eventually a green dot. Sometime the green dot is quick, other times I'm forced to turn off the app and do it again... Sigh!!

Once it comes up, I get a large circle with the word "idle" and below that Floor/wall and a start button at the bottom. I suggest you just push the start button one time.

In the upper right of the screen is a wheel icon.. if I push that I can select schedules.. Does yours do that??

Thanks,

Jim R.

I uninstalled app and installed again and login and here is the screen shot. When I click on wheel icon, I see the edit schedule. I can try next time if it is not repeating cycle forever. I guess I might need to remove robot-915 and add again if there is still issue. May be I did some mistake on how I added thsi robo. Thanks.

1702210581555.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.