Gold Supporter
Jun 4, 2019
Connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a spa bathtub in the house that needs a good cleaning. It only produces air bubbles from a ring of small holes around the perimeter of the bottom of tub. No jets, and as far as I can tell, only a blower for the air.

If water isn't circulating through the holes, what's the procedure for cleaning with Ahh-Some? @Ahhsomeguy

Hi Plettschner: Your tub is a typical air tub. Manufacturers have created the air system instead of typical jets.
Their reasoning for this type of bathtub is to eliminate piping so Biofilms will not colonize. Unfortunately, testing has shown that Biofilms do form within the surfaces of the air channels and throughout the entire enclosed system. Once you use the product you will notice that the air being forced into the tub will create more turbulence. You will see discoloration and sticky remnants of bio-contamination. This is normal for all tubs whether jetted or air. Just Add a small amount of the gel monthly and you will keep the tub fully operational and the performance of the blower will be maximized.

I have read folks say they used the Ahh-some in their tubs and found the jets worked so much better. I imagine a lot of soap scum and other products along with the biofilm really build up in those pipes. eeeek!

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.