Cleaning salt cell - drainage

browerjs

Oct 30, 2019
Beavercreek, OH
My Salt cell is oriented horizontally pretty much on the ground. When I removed it (with the pump off and ball valves in front of the pump off) it was draining for 20-30 minutes. I was starting to get worried so I put the salt cell back on. Is this normal? Is there something i can buy to cap off the pipe while cleaning? I was attempting to use vinegar instead of muriatic.

Was the SWCG above or below the level of the pool water? You would need to close off the suction and return lines to isolate the pool from the equipment pad. The filter will drain during the process.

In the future follow the Recommended Levels and you should never have to clean the SWCG with acid. Keep CSI between -0.3 and 0.

Was the SWCG above or below the level of the pool water? You would need to close off the suction and return lines to isolate the pool from the equipment pad. The filter will drain during the process.

In the future follow the Recommended Levels and you should never have to clean the SWCG with acid. Keep CSI between -0.3 and 0.
The SWCG is above the pool water level. I had the suction/return lines closed anyway. So it's just the sand filter draining?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.