Cleaning pool toys of possible algae contamination

Corey4017

Oct 6, 2022
Laredo tx
Is it a good idea to sink toys, vacuum and hoses along with any pool equipment into a slammed pool that is now clear and FC still at slam level in order to kill any possible algae on them so they can be sanitized so after pool is cleared of algae the accessorit’s will not reintroduce possible algae to the clean pool once reintroduced to pool.

It will not hurt, but in reality the small amount of algal spores on them should be readily managed by a properly chlorinated pool.

Thanks, I love this website, no longer getting misleading and conflicting information from the internet with no support of charts to follow. Here you have everything and quick responses to my questions No matter how trivial like this question about toys. I only asked because I read how mustard algae is so resilient and read about how swim wear used in a lake then introduced to a pool and infected it with mustard algae. Anyway I tell my wife this site is like having my personal free pool man. And we all know how long it takes them to get to use and how expensive. Thanks everyone.

Reactions: Newdude
Still a bit worried about possible algae behind my hockey puck sized pool lights. Again I read about this issue over the weekend. Hope this will be handled by slam and proper pool chemical balance in future. Because I will not mess with those likes due to electricity even though I just need to pull the circuit breaker. Gas pool heater and electrical issues I stay far away.

and read about how swim wear used in a lake then introduced to a pool and infected it with mustard algae.
Was that read here ? Without test results from the lake, and before/after tests of the swimwear and pool, it's prettttttttttttty circumstantial.

One friends pool store determined they couldn't keep chlorine in the pool because their vacation swimwear infected the pool in a similar fashion.

Before TFP, I was amazed at their detective work. Now I just choke a little and walk away smugly.

Not use what model. Looked for a screw at the top or anywhere and found none. They appear to twist off grip like a top of a mayo jar, but tried a little to see if they came off easy with no luck. They do appear water tight. They are color changer lights

Sounds like nicheless lights which don't have a poorly circulated cavity to hold old water. Marty will probably know. Pics always help. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.