Clean and clear pentair filter

Perpetual summer

Silver Supporter
Feb 17, 2017
Ohio
I am using the pentair filter for the last 3 years. The first year I didn’t do a thing. The second year I had to do a couple cleanings and it was good.
The third year I have cleaned and taken apart 5 or 6 times and there doesn’t seem to be any thing else I can do. I have used the filters for the filter on a regular basis but there isn’t anything I can do. What is the lifespan for the filters I have. It is the ccp320 clean and clear.

Mine are at 5 years and no issues. And mine are filtering 365 days a year.

If you have swimmers that use lots of sunscreen, lotions, hair products, etc, consider soaking the cartridges in a TSP solution. I use a 20 gallon plastic trash can (that doubles as my muriatic acid storage) to soak the filters in when I clean them each spring.

An algae bloom would be my best guess also.

My clean and clear is about 5 years old with the original cartridges.. I expect to get about 10 years, or so, out of them. I can go a whole year between cleanings so something is wrong.

Tell us more... about the condition of the water and and show your test results.

Thanks,

Jim R.

The testing is bad because the pump has been done and at times not working. The chlorine filter
has at times not been working. It has been giving me problems with not enough salt cause i had to much rain to depose of. I also had
not enough cya because of the rain. It was the end of June before the rain slowed and the temps got above 78. I’ve just used the pool
because of the rain and temps. According to the SWG I had trouble with that because not enough salt, and it would at times be enough salt but would not be no flow to produce chlorine, I would take apart to clean. The filter was bad for a few days and had to put chlorine in. Today the filter came on and I had to get more chlorine, I checked the filter, the swg was fine and working. The swg was working all day.
Fc~16
Put a gallon of chlorine in and hoping the swg keeps ticking. Fc low and needs to be brought up for shocking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.