Phoenix, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Cleaning cartridges for the first time on our first (new build) pool... The first thing I notice is this caddywhompus fixture inside.
Screenshot 2022-05-20 132819.jpg
I've exhausted the limits of my Google prowess...So here's my questions:
- What does it do? (What is it's purpose?)
- Should I care that it's not vertical?
- Any possibility the PB did this intentionally for a reason?
I've also got gobs of air under my equipment debris canister and pump lids, but I'm guessing this baffle isn't a contributor to that problem.

It is indeed a baffle. It prevents high velocity incoming water from crashing directly into the filter cartridges.

It should be vertical, but that doesn't seem critical as long as it's properly connected to the inlet. You can simply straighten it up if it bothers your OCD (it would bother mine). Just make sure it's securely fastened.

Reactions: MisterMcD
It is indeed a baffle. It prevents high velocity incoming water from crashing directly into the filter cartridges.

It should be vertical, but that doesn't seem critical as long as it's properly connected to the inlet. You can simply straighten it up if it bothers your OCD (it would bother mine). Just make sure it's securely fastened.
TY Rocket. I'll straighten it up next time I'm in there. My OCD has no limits.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.