Clarification of IntelliFlo 45dB noise rating

rlab

Oct 4, 2019
Australia
Pentair has been advertising for years (and multiple pump versions) that the IntelliFlo runs at a 45dB noise level. Does anyone know what RPM or flow/head that noise rating is at? I couldn't find it documented anywhere, and local dealer was unable to tell me.

I am aware the pump is very quiet, but I would like to know the details of that 45dB rating for a very specific noise level restriction I have to meet.

Thanks!

R,

Not sure of the specs, but I can tell you from experience that any low dB reading is at low RPM levels..

When my IntelliFlo was new and running at 1200 RPM, I had to actually touch it to make sure it was still running.. :mrgreen: It is now over five years old and not quite as quiet, but you still can't hear it unless you are close to the pump.

At 2800 RPM, the pump is loud enough to hear it, but not enough to bother you.. My pump is right outside my bedroom window and at 2800 I can only hear it if I am trying to hear it.

That said, at full speed the pump sounds about the same as any 1 or 2 HP single speed pump. Mine never runs at full speed. That is the advantage of having a 3 HP VS pump, it will still move a lot of water at lower RPMs.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.