Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Hello,
Yesterday I went out to clean my skimmer baskets and noticed that there was not water coming from my returns. Walked over to equipment pad and pump was not running. Not sure what happened. Initial thought was maybe we lost power over night and it hadn’t restarted automatically. So I went to restart it and it gave a small little “sound” and threw me a E-01 Error Code. Tried to power it down/start it up a few more time and got the same.

Opened up the owners manual and the E-01 code means: Inverter Unit Protection with the following comments:
01,02,03,04,05,06,07,09,10,24 – Internal Errors: If this error displays multiple times, then there may be a problem with the pump’s rotating assembly. Please disassemble the pump and investigate to see if there is a problem with the impeller or mechanical seal. See page 14 “Pump Disassembly” for instructions for disassembling the pump.

There was also a reference on the CircuPool website with the following:

I’ve since followed the instruction for both: Disassembled the pump and inspected for damage to the impeller and the mechanical seal (none to my “untrained” eye) and I’ve also disassembled the control box per the pdf.

Nothing fixed anything. Still getting the same error. The pump makes a small noise as though it is attempting to start - just a soft little “starting” noise, but then nothing and throws the error code.

Anyone have a similar experience or know more about these pumps? I’m at a loss and if I cant move water I am going to have a bad algae problem very soon. CircuPook doesn’t have weekend hours for support - according to their website.

Thanks!
Steph

My B&D pump died this morning with the E-01 error. I can turn the impeller easily by hand, so I don't think the motor's blocked.
Perhaps the texas heat fried the inverter... Or perhaps these things only last a year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.